Friday, October 23, 2015

If the PLCB had a theme song...

Hey! I'm not dead, its the PLCB that's dead.

If the PLCB had a theme song, I wonder what it would be? Something light and snappy, or more dirge like and droning?  I can guarantee it wouldn't be a Love Story kind of song. So take off those tin-foil caps and put on your parody hats and see what songs you can come up with. It's Friday — what else do you have to do?  Post lyrics or video links if you want. The rules are pretty lax as long as the title or lyrics fit the idea of a theme song.

I'll start off with these few.

I'm a Loser - The Beatles

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Bachman Turner Overdrive 
A bit of trivia, this was the first song that had a stutter in it that made it to #1 on the Billboard charts.

Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) - Neil Young

Out of the blue
and into the black
You pay for this,
but they give you that
And once you're gone,
you can't come back
When you're out of the blue
and into the black.

Of course the winner would be the chorus from Beck's Loser but I don't think even the PLCB with all their semi-functional computers could figure out the rest of the song lyrics.

Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?
(Double-barrel buckshot)
Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?

For my favorite about the state stores? What else could it be besides the Dead's 'Ship of Fools'


Now you give it a try...


And please...no one is advocating "killing" anyone, or any kind of violence. It's just lyrics to a goofy pop song, and not even Beck meant it that way. Relax; it's a joke.

3 comments:

Albert Brooks said...

As Lew said, I don't want to kill anyone just the state stores. Although corporations are people, the PLCB isn't a corporation. Hell, it isn't even a real business.

Anonymous said...

How about "Lies" by Thompson Twins?

Albert Brooks said...

Works for me!