Let's see how stupid they were this week.
- Bourbon can only be made in the U.S. - so that means it is all domestic.
- Cognac can only be made in the Cognac region of France - that means they are all imported.
- Armagnac and Calvados can only be made in France - also all imported.
- Irish Whiskey can only be made in, yup, Ireland - again, imported.
- Brandy de Jerez can only be made in Spain - so they'd be imported.
- Tennessee Whiskey can only be made in Tennessee - that means it is all domestic.
Went to see the chairman, strangest I could find,
Laid my proposition down, laid it on the line.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels,
But I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools.
We deserve better - PRIVATIZE NOW.
*If you have any questions about this you should have asked them decades ago but just in case - here is the U.S. Department of Commerce's Office of Trade Agreements Negotiations and Compliance letter on the subject.