The idea that they can trace the death of one underage drinker (who are, BTW, usually 18 and older, hardly the toddlers pictured in the ad) per week directly to this law and ONLY this law...is ludicrous. But here are some even bigger things they don’t tell you about crazy loose boozy North Carolina vs. wonderfully 'controlled' Pennsylvania.
- North Carolina has a lower rate of high BAC fatalities than Pennsylvania
- North Carolina has a 39% lower rate of women 18-44 who binge drink than Pennsylvania
- North Carolina has a 26% lower alcohol use rate for women 18-44 than Pennsylvania
- North Carolina has a lower Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder rate than Pennsylvania
- North Carolina has a better rating from MADD than Pennsylvania
- North Carolina's DUI fatality rate is the same as Pennsylvania
- North Carolina's overall binge drinking rate is 17% lower than Pennsylvania’s
- North Carolina is also one of the 17 alcohol control states, like Pennsylvania
- North Carolina liquor stores are checked for underage sales. Pennsylvania's are not.
- North Carolina allows beer and wine sales in grocery stores.
It would be an improvement if Pennsylvania were more like North Carolina, but it will be even better if we privatized.