- Tell them that you really thought the wine kiosks were innovative
- that you thought the date-rape ads were on target
- that your mother liked the vodka
- that you didn't mind that your wine sat in an non-air conditioned trailer in the summer
- that you think the PLCB didn't have anything better to spend the now $35 million+ in computer cost overruns on
- that bringing back the CEO under investigation for graft is a great idea
- that TableLeaf is the best thing since the PLCB spent over $4 million to rename Wine and Spirits to Fine Wine and Good Spirits
- that you're impressed with the string of record annual sales figures (and the bookkeeping skills needed to explain why the net assets of the PLCB are negative)
- that thy have an amazing jobs program going that has more employees now with 601 stores then there were with 692 stores in 2000
- that it's great that the PLCB spend more on advertising than on education
- that they're saving money as the 3rd largest purchaser of wine in the world by not bothering to have a trained sommelier on staff?
- that smile training should be mandatory for all state workers (especially when you can keep it "all in the family")
- that you really appreciate having 90 stores less than there were in 2000 so there wouldn't be a liquor store on every corner.
Monday, April 15, 2013
Tell your Senator everything the PLCB's doing!
I copied this from a Facebook post; I don't think the original poster will mind. The idea is that while the Senators fiddle and diddle and talk about "modernizing" the PLCB instead of privatizing it -- privatization that the majority of Pennsylvanians continue to support -- we should remind the Senate what a great job the PLCB is doing. So...get on the phone, send an email, and let your Senator know that the PLCB deserves credit for all the things they're doing!