Monday, September 29, 2008

If You've Got a Problem...

A point for the PLCB: they're trying to be responsive. Tucked away in their website is this Customer Satisfaction Form. They ask if you found everything you wanted (and if not, what "specific items" were not there; so don't bother putting in something like "a good selection of premium bourbons"), if you found the store hours satisfactory, and how you found the store's appearance, quality of service, and the convenience of the store's location. There's also an open field for suggestions on improving service.

At least they're trying. Though again, as I pointed out, why bother? You've got us over a barrel, we'd have to buy booze at the State Store System anyway. Oh, wait...if things really suck, we might go over the border more. Wonder what percentage of Pennsylvanians live within 15 miles of the border? Wonder how many liquor stores are on the other side of that border?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took an online survey today for e-rewards. After questioning me about my location (state, county), there was a series of questions about how much wine and liquor I purchase, how much from state stores, how much from out of state, which state, etc. Then there was series of questions regarding the quality of my experience in state stores, selection, knowledge and attitude of staff, etc. I did not rate them the lowest for every category, but if others are honest too, they should find out what we already know!
Mike

TC said...

I live in East Kensington/Fishtown/whatever. Closest state store: 2 miles. Closest NJ liquor store: 5.5 miles. I don't know anything about Mancine's Liquor Store, but, ya know, it's not that much farther away. And if I'm going over the border, I might be tempted to keep driving till I find the right Free Market shop for me.

Rich said...

I can be in MD in about 30-40 minutes...about an hour to the good liquor stores. I do know however that there are a few stores within just a couple minutes of the border, so they are aware that Pennsylvanians are buying their booze.

It's not exactly convenient for me to go out of state to buy liquor, but I'm going to start doing it every time I go on vacation now.

Lew Bryson said...

Oh, you better believe that stores across the border are aware that Pennsylvanians are buying their booze! They advertise in the Philly Inquirer every week, full-page ads, and there are big stores just over the border in DE and just over the river in NJ...which is another Reason, and maybe the next one I'll bring up.

Anonymous said...

Sucks even more if you live in the DEAD CENTER of the state. Absolutely no chance for border purchases. I envy you guys who live in Gettysburg, for cryin' out loud!

Anonymous said...

I can see the MD border from the porch so going there to buy almost anything isn't too much of a problem for me. To counter this they put liter size bottles in some of the border PA stores (7 I believe). Of course, this screws the rest of the state who can't get them. I can't imagine why the bar owners aren't sueing the state since the vast majority can't get these discounted liter bottles at their local store.